Jul 22, 2014

Game Night Snack Idea #1

I don't have anything against pizza, soda and chips, but if that's what you're eating and drinking every week, it can get a little boring. Therefore, for the next week, I'm going to post a new game night snack idea every day. They'll all follow three requirements: easy to make or prepare, easy to clean up, and easy to eat a bit at a time, passed around the game table.

For game night snack idea #1: candied almonds


There are two good options here: buy them or make them. I'm not sure of all the places you can pick them up, but Trader Joe's is an option I do know of. They're also really easy to make, taking at most twenty minutes. Here's the recipe, from allrecipes,com:

Ingredients: 1/2 cups water, 1 cup white sugar, 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon, and 2 cups whole almonds

  1. Combine the water, sugar, and cinnamon in a saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil; add the almonds. Cook and stir the mixture until the liquid evaporates and leaves a syrup-like coating on the almonds. Pour the almonds onto a baking sheet lined with waxed paper. Separate almonds using forks. Allow to cool about 15 minutes.

#snack #game night #D&D #RPGs

No comments:

Post a Comment